Hours: 40 hour week, Monday – Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Basic Salary: £26,000 per annum
About The Gender Hormone Clinic
At The Gender Hormone Clinic our aim is to provide patient centered gender affirming hormone therapy and care, led by our expert nursing team and multi disciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists and specialist surgeons for transgender, non binary and intersex individuals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responding to a wide variety of queries via email and telephone.
- Answering calls from patients and dealing with their needs accordingly, ensuring all correspondence is logged.
- Waiting list management, ensuring the waitlist is kept up to date, including adding and removing patients.
- Ensuring patient files and documentation are compiled/completed correctly prior to patient arrival.
- Assisting the clinical team, Practice Manager and Communications Manager with all patient management system reporting and general admin.
- Ensuring the patient management database is kept up-to-date and accurate with detailed notes, medical records and contact details.
- Management of the Clinical Team’s diaries with the responsibility for booking and rescheduling patient appointments as needed.
- Ensuring prompt payment for all appointments and informing the Finance Administrator of any issues.
- Highlighting and resolving problems, both administrative and operational and ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety regulations, CQC standards and GDPR guidelines.
- Ensuring all GP letters are prepared prior to every patient appointment.
- Ensuring all GP letters are emailed after every appointment and uploaded to the patient’s record.
- Liaising with GPs, medical practitioners and GHC clinical team.
- Ad-hoc duties as necessary for the efficient running of the Clinic.
Qualities and skills
- Previous experience in a customer-focused role.
- Excellent IT/Admin skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
About the Individual
The successful candidate will be confident, with a positive attitude, an excellent telephone manner, and a desire to provide outstanding care for our patients. They will be able to work independently when required. They will be a strong team player, with the flexibility to work across various tasks and roles within the administration team to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
- Salary review after a probation period of 6 months.
- 28 days annual leave.
- An additional day off for your birthday (once passed probation)
- Private health insurance cover (once passed probation)
To apply, email us at email@example.com with the subject line: Clinic Admin
For more opportunities to work with us, please check back regularly.